RNAS Eglinton operated from 1943 after transfer to the Royal Navy from the Royal Air Force who established RAF Eglinton at the now City of Derry Airport.
Between 1918 and 2009, R.A.F. Aldergrove operated from where Belfast Internation Airport now stands. It was a busy airfield during the Second World War.
On 6th June 1944, Pegasus Bridge near Benouville was a primary objective of British Army 6th Airborne Division including 1st Battalion Royal Ulster Rifles.
Throughout the Second World War in Portadown, Co. Armagh, locals became used to the sight of British, American, and Belgian troops and even German POWs.
The Second World War transformed the village of Gilford, Co. Down, seeing Nissen Huts erected in the area providing bases for U.S. Army and Belgian troops.
The coastal resort of Bangor, Co. Down on the edge of Belfast Lough was a hive of activity in the Second World War particularly in the run-up to D-Day.
Ballyhalbert lies near Newtownards, Co. Down. In the Second World War, it was the site of a large airfield used by both the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy.
World War Two in Tandragee, Co. Armagh brought tanks and Jeeps of the United States Army to the rural town while an RAF Spitfire crashed in the countryside.
The village of Eglinton, Co. Londonderry stood close to an important airfield during the Second World War. The Royal Navy used it as R.N.A.S. Eglinton.